Sunday, October 25, 2009

Ugh... Swine Flu






So of course Hunter went out of town and Hudson, Paisley and I all got sick. Paisley acted like she was dead all week so I was a mess and calling Hunter crying. She finally snapped out of it by Friday. On Saturday evening, Hudson threw up for the first time - it was awful - not just throw up - projectile vomiting. He never acted sick or had a fever so we thought it was just from eating.

On that same Saturday, I started to feel really crummy. I ended up going to the emergency room on Sunday with a fever of 102.5 and they said that I had the flu. I wasn't allowed to go to work for the week. Grandma Kathy and Aunt Morgan "kidnapped and saved" my sweet little Hudson.
I kept getting worse and I was really nervous because I am 29 weeks pregnant. The ER doctor started me on Tamiflu and my OBGYN put me on a 5 day antibiotic and cough medicine. We kept thinking that they were going to put me in the hospital because I had every flu symptom under the sun, but they didn't want me to be exposed to anything else at the hospital.
Hunter ended his trip early and came home to take care of me, but of course I started to get better when he got home. So I got no sympathy! I got a call on Wednesday from the ER confirming that it was the swine flu. We thought that Hudson was in the clear, but he started acting "not himself". Hunter took him to the doctor and it turns out Hudson had an ear infection. The doctor put Hunter and Hudson on Tamiflu as a precaution.
Hudson ended up getting really sick and running a fever of 104 that night. Hunter was calling every doctor that he knew including Uncle Scott. They all told us ways to try to reduce the fever and avoid going to the hospital at all cost because they didn't want Hudson to be exposed to anything else at the hospital. It was the scariest most horrible experience we have ever been through, but we made it through. Thank goodness we are all healthy now!








No comments:

Post a Comment