Tuesday, October 13, 2009

We're So Busy!

Oh my goodness! We have been so busy! I'm not so good at this blogging thing yet, so all of the pictures are in the reverse order. Ops!
Hunter is in Wyoming on a 2 week hunting trip. Well, 2 weeks to me... 11 days according to him. :) He planned and paid for this trip back in March, before we knew about Miss Hadley. I have been giving him a huge guilt trip about leaving Hudson and me, 7 months pregnant, for so long. I think that he really did feel guilty because he promised to have the kids' rooms painted and the rooms some what set up before he left on Monday morning. So of course he was painting and moving furniture late into Sunday evening.
I attached some pictures of the rooms. I am so embarrassed about the mess, but I'm really proud of how hard we worked. Just don't look at the mess! We painted Hadley's room first. We didn't know what we were doing. We had about 10 arguments about the paint color. It is so green in her room - I love green, but it's too much for even me. We're going to have to get some different bedding or something to diffuse the wall color (because there is no way we are painting that again). Hudson's room is blue and we love it. It turned out to be exactly the blue we wanted. He has tons of baseball pictures that I'm just itching to hang, but I probably should wait for Hunter.
The next few pictures are of Hudson. He is doing so many new things. I keep clapping and crying - it's just too many really amazing things all at once. I know he is growing up and we have another baby on the way, but it is so hard and great all at the same time watching your baby grow up. He is crawling like crazy! He pulls himself up to standing position! He is trying to walk while holding our hands! And he is trying so hard to talk! He is making all kinds of noises and sounds. While we were getting the rooms ready to paint he kept saying "baba". Hunter swore he was saying dada. Then, all of the sudden out pops "mamadada". Hunter and I both about passed out. Once again I was clapping and crying. :)
On Monday night Hudson kept saying "dada, dada, daddy" over and over. Of course Hunter is out of town and missed it. Here I am at home trying to teach him to say mama and he just keeps saying dada. Ugh! Hunter is off in the mountains and I wasn't sure that he had service, but luckily we got a hold of him. Right when Hunter said hello Hudson said "daddy". I thought Hunter was going to flip out - he was so excited. I'm still waiting to hear mommy, but my one little "mamadada" was good enough for now (because mama came before the dada). :)
Hadley is kicking me like crazy! Hudson was a kicker and she is already taking after him. It's crazy to think that she is going to be here in about 10-11 weeks! I have been having Braxton Hicks contractions every once in a while and I have been exhausted all the way throughout this pregnancy, but that might also have something to do with Hudson and teaching kindergarten. We're trying to prepare ourselves for life with 2 babies, but I'm not sure that it's even possible to be prepared. Everyone is more than welcome to come visit... and help out. :) KS

No comments:

Post a Comment