Sunday, December 27, 2009

Hadley's Delivery

I went to the doctor for an ultrasound and check up last Tuesday and he said that everything looked perfect. I let him know that I had been having some really bad headaches since Sunday and I even had blurred vision in my left eye. I guess that is one sign of pre eclampsia. My blood pressure was fine so I did not have it, but my doctor didn't want to take any chances.
He decided to induce Wednesday morning. He said to be at the hospital at 8:00. I thought 8 am, but he meant 8 pm. It was 4:00 by the time I left his office, so I had to run home and get my stuff, Hadley's stuff and Hudson's stuff ready to go. Meanwhile, I sent Hunter to finish our Christmas shopping. It was a very quick 4 hours.
Hudson went and stayed the night with Grandma Kathy. After we dropped him off I bawled because I realized the next time he would be with us he wouldn't be an only child. Poor kid... he only had 11 months and 2 days as our only baby.
We got to the hospital and they decided not to start the medicine that night because my contractions were 2 minutes apart. The doctor on call asked me if we would have come to the hospital tonight if we weren't going to be induced. We both told her "no" - we were waiting for my water to break because with Hudson we were sent to the hospital 3 times because of my crazy contractions. I have strong, close together contractions that make it seem like I'm in labor, but I don't dilate.
When our doctor got to the hospital the next morning he broke my water around 7:00 a.m. Mom and Kody arrived in the morning - it was so good to see them walk through the door. Hudson and Kathy came a little while later. Hudson is good at keeping my mind off of things. :) He is great entertainment. I got my epidural - which only worked on my left side... again. You're not supposed to feel your contractions and I didn't for about 10 minutes, but then I could feel perfectly. So I'm thinking the epidural thing doesn't really work on me.
Throughout the day I slowly dilated. When I got to 5 cm I stalled. By then Hudson, my mom, dad, Kord, Kody, Kapra, Grandma Lou and Grandpa Stuff, Hunter's dad and mom, Morgan and Danny were all at the hospital waiting for Hadley to make her debut. When everyone realized that I had stalled they started to leave and go run errands... including Hunter.
About 20 minutes after everyone had left I jumped to 7 cm. I sent out a text to let them know. By the time they got back I was 9 cm. Everyone was sitting around talking and I realized that I needed to push! I told Hunter so he got the nurse. She paged our doctor - who was next door at the clinic. It seemed like it took them forever to get things ready and to get everyone out of the room.
The nurse told me to wait just a few minutes until the doctor got here. When Hunter came to my side I told him to catch Hadley because I was pushing. Just then the doctor came in, put his gown on and after 10 minutes he was holding Hadley. It went much faster than my 15 hour - 2 hours of pushing with Hudson. Hadley's delivery ended up being 7 hours with only 10 minutes of pushing.
Hadley was 7 lbs and 19 1/2 inches long. She arrived at 2:37 pm. She is perfect! She has the same little pout that Hudson has and every once in a while I swear she looks just like he did. She has been such a sweet baby. So far she is very quiet and barely cries. She sleeps really well. Last night she only woke up once and it was at the same time as Hudson. Hunter took Hudson and I took Hadley - we fed and changed them and we all managed to go back to sleep within a reasonable amount of time.
Hudson is adjusting to her. He is not quite sure why she is here, why mom is always holding her or why she always has "his" bottle or pacifier. He's been pointing at her and whenever she makes a noise he freezes and looks very worried. Hudson is getting tons of attention, but it still doesn't seem to be enough right now. He is getting into everything and is almost walking.
We are so blessed to have 2 amazing, healthy, beautiful babies! Here are just a few pictures - I'll be adding more in the next few days. Enjoy!
Ella Hadley Smith
Hunter changing Hadley's first mess.

Hadley and Mommy

Our Family

Mommy and Hadley

Me and my sweet babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment